from $ 36.00
Tibetan Slingshot Weaving Series
Each piece in this series uses an adaption of a traditional Tibetan technique I learned from nomad women on the Plateau. Pastoralists of Tibet weave small yak fiber slingshots to herd their animals and protect them from snow leopards and wolves. I've magnified the proportions of this art form from the original slingshot, which is normally no larger than the palm of your hand.
This piece is woven onto sustainably-sourced American poplar wood dowels using Tough Love, 100% hand-felted New Zealand wool yarn.
- Hand-woven in San Francisco, California
- Fiber Color: Cocoa & Cream
- Sizing: Approximately 48" H x 32" W
- Weaving has been outfitted with backside hooks for wall mounting
- Please note: Shipping costs are not included in pricing and will be calculated upon purchase.