Create a unique wreath to decorate your home (or gift)! Together we'll create this super striking design then adorn with an assortment of botanicals. Great to hang on your door or wall, or use as a table centerpiece. We’ll be crocheting our wreaths using yarn made from New Zealand wool that’s hand-felted by women artisans in Kathmandu in your choice of 6 colors. New to crochet? No problem, you'll be guided through each step of the process. Also great for experienced crocheters looking to explore a whole new style of yarn and enormous stitches.
Instructor: You'll be joined by Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger of Love Fest Fibers. Britt has spent much of the past two decades living and working on the Tibetan Plateau and founded Love Fest Fibers with the aim of supporting communities with vibrant fiber traditions. Through Love Fest Fibers, Britt designs textiles through carefully nurtured partnerships in the Tibet, Nepal and at home on the West Coast. Britt loves teaching workshops and sharing the great background stories behind the materials we'll be working with.
When: Wednesday, October 19, 6:00-8:00pm (please arrive 5 minutes early)
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
Instructor: Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger, Love Fest Fibers
- 1 x 25 yards of felted wool yarn in your choice of 6 colors
- 1 x size U (25mm) crochet hook
- 1 x 14" wire frame
- Assortment of botanicals (e.g., plants, leaves & flowers)
- 1 x project pattern
- To keep our students and instructors safe, masks will be worn throughout class and the studio will be well ventilated.
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases, apologies (but gift cards are fine!)