Make your favorite furry friend a bed with your own two hands! Together we’ll be crocheting our beds using super thick yarn that’s hand-felted by women artisans in Nepal from New Zealand wool. And because it's felted, your pet’s bed will be durable, resilient and washable. New and seasoned crocheters are welcome; all the techniques needed will be covered in class. You’ll have 20 colors to choose from as well as the option of adding on yarn to customize the size of your bed to accommodate the larger pet in your life.
Light snacks & beverages will be provided as well as a 10% discount off everything in our shop :)
Instructor: Alyssarhaye Graciano is a trilingual fiber artist and author. Once in the tech industry as a linguistic specialist, she left her day job to pursue a creative career. While she mainly knits, crochet, macramé and weaving are also part of her everyday life. Today she works as a Visual Arts Curator at MACLA in San Jose, CA while continuing her own arts practice through pattern design, workshops, and exhibitions. Alyssarhaye is the author of Chunky Knits: Cozy Hats, Scarves and More Made Simple with Extra-Large Yarn.
When: Thursday, October 26, 6-9pm (please arrive 5 minutes early)
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
Instructor: Alyssarhaye Graciano, Fiber artist & author
- Workshops are intended for adults; youth 13 and up are also welcome
- Masking is now optional but please feel free to wear a mask if you feel more comfortable. The door and/or window will stay open for additional ventilation and safety throughout class. Please stay home if you're feeling under the weather or have a positive COVID test result (even if past the 5-day guideline).
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date but feel free to transfer to a friend if you're not able to attend
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases, but feel free to use a Love Fest gift card!