Have you ever wanted to learn the basics of macrame and weaving? Join us for this dynamic workshop where you will make a cascading wall hanging using both techniques combined. You will be creating a macrame foundation into which you will weave a variety of fibers to add textures and movement. By the end of class, you'll have your own wall hanging to hang in your home (or gift)!
Light snacks & beverages will be provided as well as a 10% discount off everything in our shop :)
Instructor: Aja Smart of Strand Texture creates eclectic fiber art of weavings, macrame and macraweavings. Combining her love for both free form and geometric designs, she has created a wide arrange of wall hangings that grace many homes. Her focus is on detail and skilled technique using the highest quality natural fibers, especially eco-friendly and cruelty free whenever possible. She is so excited to come from Mill Valley to teach a workshop in a dynamic in-person environment!
When: Saturday, February 11, 1:00 - 4:00pm (please arrive 5 minutes early)
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
Instructor: Aja Smart, Fiber Artist
- 10" length wooden dowel
- Eco-friendly cotton cord
- Your choice of fiber packs in a variety of colors that include premium wool, handspun art yarn, velvet and more.
- To keep our students and instructors safe, masks will be worn throughout class and the studio will be well ventilated
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases