Our first super chunky yarn with organic cotton! We've worked out just the right recipe to create the softest, spongiest, cloud-like yarn possible. This collection (originally called Special Batch: Organic Cotton) brings together organic cotton from the Texan highlands and New Zealand merino wool.
This special collection is spun at our partner mill in Washington State. From fiber sourcing and spinning, you are supporting multiple family farms with each purchase.
Perfect for blankets, scarves and weaving projects when you need that unique textural softness.
(As small batch & very not mass-produced yarn, our collections can vary from one spin session to another. Everything from the weather to the individual personality of fiber affects the texture & consistency when we spin your yarn. Consider grabbing enough of a particular collection to complete a project if consistency is key.)
• Spun by our partner farm in Washington State.
• Fiber Content: New Zealand-grown Merino wool; GOTS certified Texas-grown organic cotton; recycled cotton cord core
• Yardage: approximately 50 yard + 100 yard increments
• Weight: 50 yards = approximately 18 oz.; 100 yards = approximately 36 oz.
• ~1 stitch per inch
• Suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm)
• Suggested crochet hook: US Size U (25mm)
• Also great for arm knitting!
• Suggested yardage: One 50-yard bump for most scarves, cowls, hats and pillows. Two or more 100-yard bumps for larger projects such as throws and blankets. Visit our Pattern Library for free project ideas and exact yardage guidelines.