We'd love to work with you!
We're a really tiny company for making such huge yarn. Our San Francisco studio is often a one-woman show with our artisan partner teams based in Nepal, Tibet and Washington State. But we're always on the look out for exciting collaborations and ways to grow the family. Have a wild idea? Please reach out! And please do read below to see if the following might have your name written all over it...
> > > < < <
STRATEGIC MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN (Summer 2019)
Are you an active and long-time Ravelry user and lover of Facebook? We are looking for an individual who is passionate about such social media tools and their ability to create community.
- Help develop and implement a social media marketing strategy
- Establish and enhance engagement through Ravelry, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Perform research and PR outreach to relevant industry publications
- Creation of collateral and marketing design pieces
- Advanced social media platform skills (Ravelry & Facebook experience required)
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Great interpersonal skills, good sense of humor
- Stellar communication skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop & other graphic design programs a plus
Location, Timeframe & Compensation
- This is a remote internship position, being Bay Area-based is a plus for periodic studio visits and one-on-one meetings but not required
- 8 hours per week through Summer (hours and timeframe are flexible)
- This is an unpaid internship with a travel stipend (for Bay Area-based applicants) and lots of discount perks. We're also excited to promote you and your work in any way that we can!
If interested, please have a good look around our site and Instagram account. If it's a good fit, please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2019 Marketing Internship”:
- Cover letter telling us about you and what you’re passionate about, and how your experience relates to the qualifications listed above
- Link to your Ravelry account
- Examples of design work or other relevant experience
> > > < < <
PATTERN DESIGNER (Ongoing)
One of the most wonderful parts of running this company is seeing what our immensely talented community makes with our yarn. We love collaborating with pattern designers and avid knitters/crocheters/fiber artists who don't realize that they're actually pattern designers. Have an idea for one of our yarn lines that you'd love to share with the world? Please reach out! Here's how it works:
- Email us with a pattern/project idea along with sample images of things you've created
- We will circle back with you (sadly we aren't able to go ahead with all ideas due to yarn budget / inventory constraints)
- If we're able to go ahead with the idea, we'll mail you all the yarn you need free of charge (of course)
- You'll send us the full step-by-step instructions for the pattern along with your own images taken to specification
- We publish your pattern to our free online pattern library and social media with full design attribution to YOU. We also brag about you a bunch cause we're so proud of your work. (We will never sell your pattern as it belongs to you).
- You keep the finished piece!
Please send your pattern / project idea plus sample images of your work (social media links are great) to email@example.com with the subject line “2019 Pattern Design”
> > > < < <