Join us to knit the softest, squishiest, most opulent blanket on the planet. We'll be following a classic stockinette stitch pattern to make the perfect throw-size blanket (roughly 38"W x 56"L) that everyone will want to cuddle up under.
You'll have your choice of 8 colors in our very special ReLove collection—the only super chunky yarn spun from fine merino wool and premium recycled plastic bottle fiber. So soft and cozy, you'd never know that your finished blanket rescues some 60+ plastic bottles from being landfilled. Utilizing premium recycled material also gives your creations added resilience. ReLove Merino is spun in small batches by our women-owned, women-run partner mill right here in California.
Instructor: You'll be joined by Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger of Love Fest Fibers. Britt has spent much of the past two decades living and working on the Tibetan Plateau and founded Love Fest Fibers with the aim of supporting communities with vibrant fiber traditions. Through Love Fest Fibers, Britt designs textiles through carefully nurtured partnerships in the Tibet, Nepal and at home on the West Coast. Britt loves teaching workshops and sharing the great background stories behind the materials we'll be working with.
When: Wednesday, November 6, 6:00-9:00pm (please arrive 5 minutes early). Blanket projects take more than one class so we'll be starting our blankets together then finishing them in one-on-one private sessions with the instructor.
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
Instructor: Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger, Love Fest Fibers
- 1 x 200 yards of ReLove Merino yarn in your choice of 8 colors
- 1 x size 50 (25mm) circular needles
- 1 x project pattern
- To keep our students and instructors safe, masks will be worn throughout class and the studio will be well ventilated.
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases, apologies (but gift cards are fine!)