from $ 36.00
Tibetan Slingshot Weaving Series
The first large-scale piece in our Tibetan Slingshot Weaving Series, created using an adaption of a traditional Tibetan technique I learned from nomad women on the Plateau. Pastoralists of Tibet weave small yak fiber slingshots to herd their animals and protect them from wolves and snow leopards. I've magnified the proportions of this art form from the original slingshot, which is normally no larger than the palm of your hand.
This piece is woven onto 8 ft solid pine dowels using Tough Love, 100% hand-felted New Zealand wool yarn. This piece is double sided, each side with its own similar yet distinct design.
- Hand-woven in San Francisco, California
- Sizing: Approximately 8' H x 4' W
- Fiber Color: Charcoal & Cream
- Weaving is sold unmounted and can be leaned against a wall or suspended with added mounting. The double-sided nature of the piece allows you to choose a side to display or suspend as a room divider for viewing of each design.
- Yarn balls are left attached as a part of the piece but can be removed upon request
- Please note: Shipping costs are not included in pricing and will be calculated upon purchase.
We are currently taking weaving commissions for this series through June 1; please reach out with interest and specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org