Learn to create your own zippered pouch! Jen Laursen of Tilt Leather will guide you through the process of constructing your pouch in your choice of leather color (tan, black, metallic, hand-marbled... the choice is yours). You’ll then learn two fun sewing techniques—the running stitch and the saddle stitch. Each beautiful, hand-stitched pouch is perfect for your art supplies, overnight kit, jewelry or just about anything you need stylishly stashed. We’ll also be discussing pattern making, choosing the right leather for your projects and leather care along the way.
Light snacks & beverages will be provided as well as a 10% discount off everything in our shop :)
Instructor: Jennifer Laursen started her leather journey 12 years ago, absorbing what she could from books, manuals and, of course, YouTube videos. She completely fell for this beautiful and utilitarian medium and continues to learn new things all the time! Jen loves creating bags, wallets, belts and leather garments but She really enjoys sharing her knowledge with others to get them excited about leatherwork. You can see her work at tiltleather.com and on Instagram @tiltleather
When: Thursday, September 21, 6-9pm (please arrive 5 minutes early)
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
- Workshops are intended for adults; youth 13 and up are also welcome
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases (but feel free to use a gift card!)
- Masking is now optional but please feel free to wear a mask if you feel more comfortable. The door and/or window will stay open for additional ventilation and safety throughout class. Please stay home if you're feeling under the weather or have a positive COVID test result (even if past the 5-day guideline).