from $ 78.00
Pure Love Alpaca
100% Undyed Alpaca
The purest, softest ball of love around. Pure Love is made from 100% family-raised, undyed alpaca fiber. Each skein brings together the beauty of an entire herd with the spectrum of natural alpaca colors variegated into a single skein. Both color combinations create natural striping, especially when using stockinette stitch.
Our fiber is raised and spun on a family farm in Washington State and each skein takes 1-2 hours to spin. Because alpaca is naturally free of lanolin and other oils, many find it to be hypoallergenic and no harsh chemicals are needed to process the fiber.
Our Night Sky colorway is only available in limited batches as black alpaca is the least common in the herd. Our stock is small but we will be able to replenish after the alpaca shearing this Spring!
- Spun in Washington State
- Fiber: 100% undyed Huacaya alpaca fiber; recycled cotton core
- Yardage: Approximately 50 yards
- Weight: 50 yards = approximately 18 oz.; 100 yards = approximately 36 oz.
- ~1 stitch per inch
- Suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm)
- Suggested crochet hook: US Size U (25mm)
- Also great for arm knitting!
- Suggested yardage: One 50-yard bump for most scarves, cowls, hats and pillows. Two or more 100-yard bumps for larger projects such as throws and blankets. Visit our Patterns page for free project ideas and exact yardage guidelines.
- Care: Dry clean for best results. Chunky yarn is delicate; shedding and pilling are natural with use. Pills can be trimmed to look like new.