from $ 38.00
The Mama Blanket Kit
ReLove Yarn + Circular Needles + Blanket Project Pattern
All you need to knit our classic Mama Blanket in your choice of 10 colors. Each kit includes 200 yards of ReLove Alpaca or ReLove Merino yarn, size 50 solid birch circular needles, plus project pattern ($70 savings). Already have your own needles? Each kit can also be purchased without. The Bay Blanket Kit creates a roughly 38" x 56" blanket.
ReLove is made from our exclusive blend of pure alpaca or merino and premium recycled plastic bottle fiber. So soft you'd never know that each blanket rescues and reuses some 50+ plastic bottles. Our yarn is spun in small batches on a Washington State family farm and utilizes only American recycled material.
- Skill Level: Beginner to intermediate, you just need to know the basics of casting on and off, plus the stockinette stitch (good old knit + purl). Are you new to knitting and would like to make this blanket? We'll be offering free video tutorials to accompany kits by early 2018 so stay tuned.
- Needle specs: US Size 50 (25mm) solid birch 32" circular knitting needles
- ReLove Alpaca (Dove Gray, Marshmallow, Ginger): ⅔ undyed alpaca fiber; ⅓ Global Recycle Standard Certified rPET; recycled cotton core
- ReLove Merino (Fog, Leche, Slate, Denim, Kelp, Curry, Tea Rose): ½ merino wool; ½ Global Recycle Standard Certified rPET; recycled cotton core
- Yardage: Approximately 200 yards total
- Deciding between ReLove Alpaca and ReLove Merino? Our alpaca variety is the softest chunky yarn we make but is also a more delicate fiber. It's perfect if you're looking for that unmatched softness of alpaca and plan to be a little more gentle with your blanket (possibly don't share it with pets or small kids too regularly). Our merino variety is soft and squishy but a little less silky to the touch than its alpaca sister and a bit more resilient. Both are incredibly cozy and warm, and add unique texture to a room like only a super chunky yarn can.
- Care: Dry clean finished blanket for best results. Shedding and pilling are natural with use; pills can be trimmed to look like new.