Hand-felted in Nepal from pure New Zealand wool
Introducing Tough Core: Our Tough Love collection with the magical powers of Color Core! One snip with scissors reveals a different color center.
At just a bit thicker than the diameter of a pencil, Tough Core yarn is thin, pliable and makes a whole new array of weaving textures possible. We've designed our colorways to be either sweet and subtle (check out Green Tea & Macadamia) or to bring on the high contrast (have a look at Dalmatian, Onyx & Lavender).
This collection is ideal for weaving projects that show off the cross section of yarn. How does Tough Core compare to Color Core? Like the name says, its fibers are felted to be tough and much more dense with a matte opacity to its freshly-cut core.
And just like our classic Tough Love collection, each 10-yard bundle of Tough Core is skillfully hand-felted by our partners in Kathmandu. We've been partnering with a workshop of women artisans to create our felted collections since early 2014. Today these yarn lines help provide vital job opportunities as they face ongoing development challenges.
• Handmade in Nepal
• Fiber: 100% New Zealand wool
• Yardage: Approximately 10 yards per bundle
• Exterior / Interior Colors:
Dalmatian: heathered white outside & black inside
Onyx: Charcoal outside & White inside
Macadamia: heathered beige outside & white inside
Green Tea: green outside & heather gray inside
Lavender: purple outside & peach inside
• Note: Yarn thickness varies between each bundle and no two are exactly alike as each is felted by hand. We do our best to send bundles of similar thickness when ordering more than one in a single order. We suggest getting enough to complete a project to avoid thickness mismatch in a reorder.
- Hand wash cold and air dry (the beauty of Tough Core is that it's already felt so won’t felt when washed). May be dry cleaned.
Shedding when first working with a new ball of Tough Love Tiny is normal and will decrease with time.