We’ve been obsessing over techniques that join photographic imagery with intricate embroidery. So we're thrilled to offer this dynamic workshop where we’ll be learning the artform of adorning photos with colorful stitchwork. Through the technique of transferring photographs to fabric and embellishing them with embroidery, we’ll create a unique multimedia piece that pops to life with color and dimension. You’ll have the option of transferring your own image onto fabric or choosing an image from our collection. Together, we’ll transform our special pictures through embroidery and bring them to life! This is a great workshop for both beginner and experienced embroiderers alike as we’ll be covering foundational embroidery techniques while also expanding upon the artform.
Light snacks & beverages will be provided as well as a 10% discount off everything in our shop :)
Instructor: Amanda Farrell of Embroidered Panda is a modern hand embroidery artist whose simple, clean lines create expressive works that capture the heart and, in her own words, “tries to connect with tradition in a contemporary, minimalist fashion, and often with a cheeky sense of humor!” She believes quality textiles and skilled sewing can last a lifetime, a value that she gained from her grandfather, the same person who first taught her to sew and gave her the nickname “Amanda Panda.” Her work has been featured in blogs like Martha Stewart Weddings and Kollective Hustle. She currently has several pieces on exhibition at 3 Bottled Fish in Oakland, and has participated in numerous maker fairs around the country.
When: Sunday, January 21 (please arrive 5 minutes early)
- Workshops are intended for adults; youth 13 and up are also welcome with an adult
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
Instructor: Amanda Farrell, Artist & Owner of Embroidered Panda
- Masking is now optional but please feel free to wear a mask if you feel more comfortable. The door and/or window will stay open for additional ventilation and safety throughout class. Please stay home if you're feeling under the weather or have a positive COVID test result (even if past the 5-day guideline).
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases but feel free to use a Love Fest Fibers gift card!