Our first super chunky yarn with organic cotton! We've worked out just the right recipe to create the softest, spongiest, cloud-like yarn possible. This collection (originally called Special Batch: Organic Cotton) brings together organic cotton from the Texan highlands and ethically-sourced merino wool. Perfect for blankets, scarves and weaving projects when you need that unique textural softness.
This special collection is spun at our women-owned, women-run partner mill in Washington State. From fiber sourcing and spinning, you are supporting multiple family farms with each purchase.
• Spun by our partner farm in Washington State.
• Fiber Content: Ethically-sourced Merino wool; GOTS certified Texas-grown organic cotton; recycled cotton cord core
• Yardage: approximately 50 yard + 100 yard increments
• Weight: 50 yards = approximately 18 oz.; 100 yards = approximately 36 oz.
• ~1 stitch per inch
• Suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm)
• Suggested crochet hook: US Size U (25mm)
• Also great for arm knitting!
• Suggested yardage: One 50-yard bump for most scarves, cowls, hats and pillows. Two or more 100-yard bumps for larger projects such as throws and blankets. Visit our Pattern Library for free project ideas and exact yardage guidelines.
(As small batch & very not mass-produced yarn, our collections can vary from one spin session to another. Everything from the weather to the individual personality of fiber affects the texture & consistency when we spin your yarn. Consider grabbing enough of a particular collection to complete a project if consistency is key.)