Back by popular demand: learn to knit a basket using giant yarn! In this workshop you'll be working with a big ball of felted wool and huge needles. We’ll be knitting our baskets from pure New Zealand wool yarn that’s hand-felted by women artisans in Kathmandu, Nepal. Once you get going, this super chunky yarn works up quickly. By the end of the class, you'll have your own basket that's perfect as a planter or for storing just about anything you need stashed. New to knitting? No problem, this is a perfect project that lets you jump right in. Also great for experienced knitters looking to explore a whole new style of yarn and enormous stitches.
Instructor: You'll be joined by Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger of Love Fest Fibers. Britt has spent much of the past two decades living and working on the Tibetan Plateau and founded Love Fest Fibers with the aim of supporting communities with vibrant fiber traditions. Through Love Fest Fibers, Britt designs textiles through carefully nurtured partnerships in the Tibet, Nepal and at home on the West Coast. Britt loves teaching workshops and sharing the great background stories behind the materials we'll be working with.
When: Wednesday, February 15, 6:00-9:00pm (please arrive 5 minutes early)
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
Instructor: Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger, Love Fest Fibers
- 1 x 50-yard ball of Tough Love felted yarn in your choice of 20+ colors
- 1 x pair of size 50 (25mm) knitting needles
- 1 x project pattern
- To keep our students and instructors safe, masks will be worn throughout class and the studio will be well ventilated.
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases, apologies (but gift cards are fine!)