Learn to create a soft and textural pillow cover using mega chunky yarn! You'll choose from six colors for your pillow and then we'll get started. Together we'll explore this foundational crochet technique and all the steps to creating our covers, this workshop is designed for beginners and seasoned crocheters alike. We'll also learn about the unique fibers spun into our yarn—we'll be crocheting our pillows from ReLove Merino, which is spun by our partner mill right here in the Bay Area. ReLove is made from fine merino wool and recycled plastic bottle fiber, making it the only chunky yarn spun from recycled material.
Instructor: You'll be joined by Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger of Love Fest Fibers. Britt has spent much of the past two decades living and working on the Tibetan Plateau and founded Love Fest Fibers with the aim of supporting communities with vibrant fiber traditions. Through Love Fest Fibers, Britt designs textiles through carefully nurtured partnerships in the Tibet, Nepal and at home in California. Britt loves teaching workshops and sharing the background stories behind the materials we'll be working with.
When: Sunday, March 24, 3:00-6:00pm (please arrive 5 minutes early)
Location: Love Fest Fibers HQ! 3300 Judah Street, San Francisco
Instructor: Britt-Marie Alm, Owner & Chief String Slinger, Love Fest Fibers
- 1 x 50-yard bump of ReLove Merino in your choice of 6 colors
- 1 x size U (25mm) hook
- 1 x project pattern
- Workshops are intended for adults; youth 13 and up are also welcome with an adult
- A reminder email will be sent one day prior to the workshop
- Workshops are refundable up to 10 days before the workshop date
- Discount codes cannot be used on workshop purchases, apologies (but gift cards are fine!)