Pure wool roving
We've teamed up with Oakland, California-based fiber artist, Meghan Shimek, to bring you this collection of our favorite roving. This line is our long-time dream as friends and collaborators; we've been geeking out about fiber together since we first met in 2015.
We've carefully curated each color and fiber choice to share with you. We form our roving into continuous strand 1-pound balls, which measure out to around 20 yards. And every yard of this incredibly soft fiber has a solid sourcing story behind it...
> Our Merino wool is dyed using only OEKO-TEX certified pigments (and is thus AZO free, yay)
> It’s ethically sourced from farms that do not practice mulesing & follow the Five Freedoms of animal welfare
> Our sourcing partners work hard to support the fair of employment of farm workers and stewardship of rangelands
This collection is ideal for weaving projects, check out Meghan's off-loom weaving tutorial HERE! It's also great for felting, knitting, crocheting and a myriad of other wild and creative projects.
We hope you'll enjoy working with it as much as we loved every minute of designing it!
• Natural white fiber: Ethically & sustainably-sourced US-grown Targhee sheep wool, 23 microns
• Dyed fiber: Ethically & sustainably-sourced South American Merino sheep wool, 23 microns
• Yardage: Roughly 20 yards
• Weight: 1 pound, check out the last image for scale
- Hand wash cold and air dry, though dry cleaning may be best depending on the end product.