Merino & Recycled Plastic Bottles
A fresh take on our favorite chunky yarn. Each ball of ReLove Merino is made from our exclusive blend of fine merino and premium American recycled plastic bottle fiber. So soft and cozy, you'd never know that each 50 yards of ReLove Merino rescues some 15 plastic bottles from being landfilled. Utilizing premium recycled material also gives your creations added resilience.
ReLove Merino is spun in small batches by our women-owned, women-run partner mill in Washington State. Each bump is skillfully crafted, taking 1-2 hours to spin. ReLove's super bulky weight makes it a dream to work with, a full size throw can knit up in a day!
(Use color selector above to change corresponding image)
• Spun in Washington State
• Fiber: ½ ethically-sourced merino wool; ½ Global Recycle Standard Certified rPET; recycled cotton core
• Yardage: Approximately 50 yard + 100 yard increments
• Weight: 50 yards = approximately 18 oz.; 100 yards = approximately 36 oz.
• ~1 stitch per inch
• Suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm)
• Suggested crochet hook: US Size U (25mm)
• Also great for arm knitting!
• Suggested yardage: One 50-yard bump for most scarves, cowls, hats and pillows. Two or more 100-yard bumps for larger projects such as throws and blankets. Visit our Pattern Library page for free project ideas and exact yardage guidelines
• Deciding between ReLove Alpaca and ReLove Merino? Our alpaca variety is the softest chunky yarn we make but is also a more delicate fiber. It's perfect if you're looking for that unmatched softness of alpaca and plan to be a little more gentle with your blanket (possibly don't share it with pets or small kids too regularly). Our merino variety is very soft and squishy but a little less silky to the touch than its alpaca sister. But also a bit more resilient! Both are incredibly cozy and warm, and add unique texture to a room like only a super chunky yarn can.
- Dry clean for best results. Chunky knits are delicate; shedding and pilling are natural with use. Pills can be trimmed to look like new.