Tough Love yarn + giant needles + project pattern
Our most beloved knit basket design in a kit! Here's everything you need to create the Ridge Basket in your choice of 20+ colors. A perfect project for both new and experienced knitters alike with our step-by-step project pattern and online video tutorial.
Each vibrant ball of Tough Love is skillfully hand-felted by our team in Kathmandu. And Tough Love was given its name for a reason—you'll find that it's super strong and resilient felt.
Each 50 yard bowling ball-size Tough Love takes 3-4 hours to create. We've been partnering with our workshop of skilled women artisans to create this collection since early 2014. Today it helps provide vital job opportunities as they face ongoing development challenges.
• Handmade in Nepal
• Fiber: 100% New Zealand wool
• Yardage: Approximately 50 yards
• Diameter: Roughly the diameter of your thumb
• Weight: Very approximately 2 pounds per ball
• Suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm)
- Hand wash cold and air dry (the beauty of Tough Love is that it is already felt so won’t felt when washed). May be dry cleaned.
Avoid direct sunlight to keep colors happy!
Shedding when first working with a new ball of Tough Love is normal and will decrease with time.