Handfelted in Nepal from pure New Zealand wool
Super chunky yarn like no other. Each vibrant ball of Tough Love is skillfully hand-felted by our team in Kathmandu. And Tough Love was given its name for a reason—you'll find that it's super strong and resilient felt. This rough and tumble member of the Love Fest family is fantastic for rugs, poufs, pet beds and baskets as well as macrame and weaving projects. (We'd say it's a little too rough for blankets & wearables).
Each 50 yard bowling ball-size Tough Love takes 3-4 hours to create. We've been partnering with our workshop of skilled women artisans to create this collection since early 2014. Today it helps provide vital job opportunities as they face ongoing development challenges.
Looking for the thinner version of our classic Tough Love? Check out Tough Love Tiny, which measures in at roughly the diameter of a pencil.
• Handmade in Nepal
• Fiber: 100% New Zealand wool
• Yardage: Approximately 50 yards
• Diameter: Roughly the diameter of your thumb
• Weight: Very approximately 1.5 - 2 pounds per ball
• Suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm)
• Suggested crochet hook: US Size U (25mm)
• No tools necessary for many projects, just your hands
• Suggested yardage: Visit our Pattern Library for free project ideas and exact yardage guidelines.
- Hand wash cold and air dry (the beauty of Tough Love is that it is already felt so won’t felt when washed). May be dry cleaned.
Avoid direct sunlight to keep colors happy!
Shedding when first working with a new ball of Tough Love is normal and will decrease with time.